Friday 13 June 2014

Meal Planning

  Occasionally I fall of the meal planning wagon and it proves extremely expensive when  I do. So each week I am going to post our weekly meal plan even going to hang a list up in the kitchen to keep me focused and to prevent any further falling off the wagon again.

FRIDAY -Chicken wraps fajita style

SATURDAY- Jacket potatoes, beans and sausages

SUNDAY-  Scouse

MONDAY- New potatoes, chargrilled chicken and veggies

TUESDAY- Fish , chips and peas

WENSDAY- Chicken casserole and root mash

THURSDAY- Spaghetti Bolginase ( more jacket potatoes for the pasta haters)


 We only have puddings randomly otherwise  we go over the food budget and am desperately trying not to give my family too many empty calories I want their food to be filling and nutritious so they benefit from eating and not just a quick fix .This time last year I was a rubbish cook now am a little better than rubbish I have more confidence in my cooking abilities too and learnt how to make a few new dishes. My pocket and the families health have benefited I do still buy// make the odd treat for the little darlings buts its a treat not an expectation now. I haven't branched out into using pulses though because them little darlings are really fussy though am sure I will try them eventually. Who knows one day I may post all their fussy eating habits and see what frugal meals my blogging friends can come up with for them!

Stay frugal peeps

J x

 I

5 comments:

  1. That looks a great family menu plan Jen, I am pleased you are still having a go at cooking new things and better still that you are improving, you will make Masterchef one day :-) while I have been keeping to a frugal budget we have just blown a huge hole in the savings and booked a holiday....oops! Well its a special anniversary treat lol. 10 days in our fave hotel in Cyprus :-). It will be bread and water when we get back! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as though you are well on the right path, as for pulses try sneaking some red lentils in the chicken casserole, or white beans and some sausage in there and call it cassoulet. It is not that important, some weeks I use loads of pulses and others not one. At the moment it is salad all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am going to try that with the red lentils pam . Do I just pre soak and chick them in?

    ReplyDelete