Wednesday 4 June 2014

Back to blogging!

 Hi everybody I have really neglected this blog for months now and  now hopefully am back on track and will try and post at least several times a week .  I always found blogging helped me to stay focused on a more frugal lifestyle helping me to stretch the pennies as far as possible.  My lovely readers always share their tips too and i just love reading peoples responses. I cant believe i haven't actively blogged for so long. But you know how it is I have been working so much there simply wasn't the time.  Well am back now to the world of blogging and hope my readers will return !  I have been checking in on my friends blogs which I thoroughly enjoy reading  and am always hunting out new ones.

 Today was shopping day and yes as always I visited my trusted local aldi store. I can not believe I used to shop elsewhere it makes me cross to think of how much money I frittered away buying food in other supermarkets. I reckon considering the sheer amount of food my clan get through I save over £ 30 s a week shopping here combined with being very strict and buying minimal treats .That is £1560  a year  and not to be sniffed at. I used to have a shopping budget of £500 a month and have discovered that this is just impossible since the price of food keeps on rising and the kids appetite keeps on growing. It was getting that way I cud no longer bulk buy or stockpile certain items as the budget just wouldn't allow it. So now I have increased my budget by a whopping  £100. Its the only way  to combat the rise in food prices and the growing appetites! In the mean time am on a mission to come up with even more budget friendly meals that the little darlings will actually eat!

 I did have a slight fail on this morning shopping trip however and forgot to buy oil, so will have to pop to a another shop for that which will cost me even more money just goes to show the importance of that trusty shopping list without it I always forget something. I would of shown you guys a photo but had to take the opportunity to get all the shopping packed away sharpish while baby had a little snooze.

bye for now

Jx

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen, its good to hear from you again. I love blogging and reading other blogs, it makes me feel that Im not alone in trying to do the best I can on a low income. This month 22nd we have been married for 40 years so I have had plenty of practice at this thrifty lark but I can still learn from others
    I hope the children are all ok, I bet they are looking forward to the school holidays when they will probably eat you out of house and home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi karen . I totally feel the same it keeps you motivated this blogging lark I find reading other peoples blogs so inspirational. I do like reading yours ( though you have given me garden envy) 40 years of thrifty practice that explains your fabulously frugal skills!!!!
    The little darlings are all well thanks and yes they are all looking forward to the holidays Its actually cheaper to have them off school The two eldest go to a "posh school" as my other half calls it and I spend a fortune on their bus fares and school trips!

    ReplyDelete