Sunday 15 September 2013

I am finally mastering this cooking lark!

 As some of follows may know that am not really much of a cook and have been attempting to develop my limited cooking skills so here are a few of my  recent achievements .


 Am really please with this one took seconds to make and only half an hourr to cook am not sure what its actually called but its so yummy the kids scoffed the lot . I just tipped nearly a whole bag of spinach into a cooking dish chucked on  fve of aldi's finest chicken breasts and painted them in aldis stir in pasta sauce chucked them in the oven for half an hour on 190 and volia it was done i served this with homemade wedges and sweetcorn. Though unfortunately i cooked it for a few minutes too long  ( still yummy though) think 25 mins next time . Once served it was gone in a few minutes I didnt even have a chance to make it look nice for the finished photo
  DS1 was convinced he had super powers from the spinach and who was i to argue , Overall a big hit with the kids.

 Another thing i have mastered recently is a Roast chicken so when I found one whoopsied to just £3.00 I thought heres my chance to have a try with one. (hope your proud Sian) it already had seasoning on it  and i may over roasted it slighly

rots
 The little darlings polished this off too am definatley on a roll with this cooking lark ! And last but not least here is my version of sausage casserole as everyone does it slightly differently. One pepper any colour sometimes two halves of different colors if we have had pizza early in the week. A load of mushrooms one onion and here is the cheating bit a packet of  Aldi sausage casserole mix . Now i know that its not exactly cooking from scratch but baby steps and all that.  
 Had chance to arrange this one for the photo check out my specially arranged carrots. Hope all my blogging friends are okay and karen i will defo get a photo of my lasagne especially for you!

9 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Good for you. Cooking can be scary at times especially if doing something new. As a side veg with a difference, have you tried sweetcorn fritters? They are really really easy and so nice. We have them as a dinner extra and sometimes for breakfast with bacon and beans. Blitz a tin of sweetcorn with a hand blender or just mash if you don't have one, add one egg and one tblspoon flour. Fry little dollops of it in some shallow oil. Just makes sweetcorn a bit different.
    Much love x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh will have to try then . I think they would like them .

      Delete
    2. I check out your blog for recipes I made my own pizza bases from your recipe it was a big hit with the kids c

      Delete
  2. Our doing really well your dinners look yummy.

    You know me i'm a lazy cook and i love sausage casserole made with a packet mix :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to find the balance between frugal and time saving and the fact am not much of a cook. I I be got a lot to do today so even made tonight's scouse in the slow cooker last nite ready for this evening . Feel like its all finally making progress on the cooking front now an far more confident at having a go at something as long as the little darlings would eat it ! Am considering fajitas next but maybe do it with different sauces so it gets eaten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoop Whoop!!! Be very proud of yourself Jen, everything looks amazing and if its a hit with the kids then you are one yummy mummy!! You just needed that little bit of confidence, no turning back now :-)
    I always use a mix for Sausage casserole because we like it and I can't make it the same from scratch!!

    My rule is always to know what we are eating tomorrow and thats half the battle, saves wondering at 4pm whats for tea lol

    Well Done x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks k Karen planning ahead is definitely key . But went to Aldo 3 times last week I need to reign in my spending and try and keep up this change for life lark at the same time! All this healthy eating is very expensive patently due to the fussy kids. Need to get my thinking cap on !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been coking for 30 odd years and I still find the odd packet mix or jar of sauce handy, even though I do know how to cook most things from scratch. You're doing well; it takes a lot of courage to try new things and especially when you're busy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Attila I purposely go for the quick easy recipes though time is a big factor for me x

    ReplyDelete