Monday 26 August 2013

Back to Blogging!

Good morning everyone hope you have been enjoying a lovely summer. Things have been extremely busy in the ipie household with 5 of the children off school  who need entertaining and working too I have negelected my little blog of late  Well now I am back to it my blog helps to keep me focused on stretching them pennies.

  I have actually come in under my shopping budget this month by £69.81 though there is three days left till the new budget begins and have accumulated 40 tins of baked beans not much but its a start and will hopefully contribute towards reducing my December budget freeing it up for Christmas, I think constantly not having to buy things for packed lunches has helped reduce it completely. Though are diet this month has not been as wholesome and nutritious as i would of liked to be honest . So my target for September will be to provided healthy packed lunches, stockpile and stay within the shopping budget . So come on give me all your ideas for CHEAP healthy packed lunches. food shopping should be easier this month as the little darlings are back in school in 10 days time!

   Lots of expenses this month too still have to replace bits of the little darlings uniform and desperately need a tumble dryer mine has broken beyond repair. Now using a tumble dryer may not seem very moineysaving but there is far too much laundry in our house not to have one despite using too clothes airers and line drying when ever possible its just not enough.  Think am going to have a very lean month in september.

 Were off to the local park this after noon for a healthy picnic  and a few games (determined to get the kids exercising for a n hour a day ) Then off to work for me . Hope you all have a nice bank holiday x

Catch ya later

Jen

1 comment:

  1. Its good to have you back Jen, you have done remarkably well being under budget during the school holidays. 40 tins of beans WOW thats a lot of .....beans!! plus its given you a good start to your stockpiling. Packed lunches can be a nightmare for kids, they can be so faddy sometimes. What about things like supermarkets own soft cheese as a dip with carrot and cucumber sticks and a few cherry tomatoes, fingers of homemade quiche or pizza can be just as nice cold, my grandaughter likes veg couscous with tuna or mackerel. Theres rice or pasta salad these can be made in bulk and dished up over a few days, yogurts, grapes and homemade flapjacks can be eaten for dessert all washed down with water in a trendy refillable bottle.
    Good luck with that one!

    A tumble drier will be a godsend with the amount of laundry you must have. I try my best with getting the washing dry naturally but in the winter I do resort to the drier, I justify it by saying things are easier to iron with some things needing no ironing at all just hanging to air off :-)
    Good Luck with your September budget, if you get the time please let us know how its going.

    Take care
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete