Monday 6 May 2013

Getting organised

 Having reflected on my fails in stretching the pennies this morning its becoming increasingly obvious that the key to success is being  extremely organised! things have been a bit hectic recently and its time to sort it out. So here's my plan!

* check the  Bank accounts every day

* Pay the cost of a packet of fags off a bill each day ( motivational purpose as well as killing the bills)

*Buy the eldest two children a bus pass every Friday That will save me £240 a year that,s is a significant saving

*Do one main shop once a week and stick to my grocery budget

* Have an Ebay Selling session once a week all proceeds from which will go towards paying off the credit card.

* Buy one Christmas/ Birthday Present a week   and stash them away. Am trying to avoid any huge outgoings and with six children Christmas gets very expensive

* open a savings account( emergency fund) and deposit  a little money each month even if it is just £5   again this is to help motivate me and for any unexpected bills

 Well thats all for today not very exciting I know But will all make a positive contribution towards busting them bills taking us a step close to our dream! I cant wait to start seriously saving just need to get rid of them pesky bills first!






4 comments:

  1. Thats a great start to getting organised, I'm a list person too :-) I would print one off and stick it on the fridge to remind me and the family of your goals.
    My daughter in law checks their bank everyday and takes the pennies off the balance into a savings account, she said its suprising how quickly it mounts up, some days might be 99p others just a few pence, that might work for you.

    I put the lasagne recipe on my blog for you, I hope its ok. A favourite tray bake for my lot was just a plain victoria sandwich recipe cooked then covered with jam and sprinkled with coconut, they call it "now you see it now you don't cake" because it soon disappeared lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen guess what we will be having for tea on Thursday the instructions are perfect I will take a photo for you it may not look quite as good as yours though. Will also give the tray bake a try.
      I think I will give skimming the pennies off my accounts a try as well ( will probably through it at my overdraft) I will be able to do it when checking the balances x

      Delete
  2. Hi, just popping by to say thank you for commenting on my blog. Good luck with your new blog. It looks like you are getting very organised. Keep it up and keep off the fags!!!! You'll save pounds.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks mum x I am enjoying reading your blog toox

    ReplyDelete