Sunday 5 May 2013

babies, business and battling nicotine!

 Well things are certainly looking up in the Ipie house we have our car back at last will save my poor legs from walking everywhere and my purse from taxi costs.

 I have been busy bulk cooking away including 16 pots of sweet potatoes, butternut squash and carrot babyhood for baby Ipie. I have saved myself a fortune doing this I cant believe the price of a tiny jar of baby food 88p a jar and I made 16 pots for less than £2.50. Tomorrow I will be making another 16 pots of cheesy mash and broccolli. She loves the homemade food and pulled a face when I gave her a taste of the jar food. Not only am I saving myself a fortune doing this its by far healthier for her. I also managed to buy her a highchair for £10 in the local childrens Barnardos shop .

On the fag free and fabulous front had a bit of a fail and had a sneaky fag so cross with myself for doing this what a waste of all my hard work.  I really need to maintain my motivation for this so will have to start posting daily to maintain my motivation as blogging really does help to maintain my focus! I am going to pay the cost of a packet against a bill daily too to help with the whole motivation thing too.

 I have also been thinking for a while now about ways to up my income I already do online surveys and hope to step this up a bit to start a little Christmas fund as it becomes very expensive for Santa to visit  six children. I am also going to sell a few of the girls posh frocks they have grown out of there is no point in having a designer dress in the wardrobe collecting dust that will never be worn again. The proceeds of which will all go towards getting rid of my credit card!

 I am also setting up a small business to try and bring a third income in to the house watch this space.... I will be launching the business in June. I really don't expect anything at first and only intend to start of small but hopefully the business will grow and bring in a few extra pennies. I am really nervous about starting up this venture and first thought of it six months ago hopefully it will work out for me fingers crossed.

 Hope all my readers are keeping well and what do you do to up your income?

   J X

4 comments:

  1. Well done on your new business venture Jen. I really do not need to add income, I have just reduced my working week to 3 days, this gives me more time to sew, garden and bake. I do have regular orders for my cakes and biscuits, and I sew for people as well. I have 2 quilts in the pipeline for this month, these things bring me pleasure as well as extra income. In the past I have picked fruit, collected eggs at weekends, walked dogs and done mountains of ironing to raise money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your reply Pam i only work part time even though it is well paid its a very demanding job and you have to be on top form for every shift. I needed something to fit in around the little darlings hence my new business venture as well as my current job I really need to up the our incomes we can start saving towards a ne home. My baking isn't good enough to sell and am not particularly good at anything else. I did consider doing a bit of freelance instructing but cant see a gap in the market for it at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made a great start with the baby food and the fact that your baby loves mummy's homemade makes it worth while. Glad you have your car back, its a pain when they go wrong especially when you have to pay for taxis. Dont beat yourself up over the ciggies just put that slip behind you and concentrate on your new business venture, I hope it goes really well and makes you loads of money.

    I got round to adding a new page to my blog the other day for my Menu plans, something I have been meaning to do for a while. Blogging certainly keeps you focused although I would find it difficult to post something everyday, I can never think of anything interesting to say lol

    Have a good day
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to feel the benifit of being fag free and mobile this week. This business thing is taking up a lot of my time tat the moment even though I will be starting off very very small.
    Your blog is one of the first ones I read and love the menu plan page as well as the recipe page and the frugal shopping infact i love all your posts your far better at this blogging lark than mex

    ReplyDelete