Friday 22 March 2013

Snow

 Not much to report today regarding money saving Except the sudden expense of having to replace my windscreen wipers this evening. I had just dropped DD3 off at a party when the wiper just popped off and somehow I managed to snap the connector whilst trying to repair  the dam thing. Unfortunately though it had been snowing not to heavily on and off all day ( never get decent snow here normally) So there I was stuck in the snow with no wipers at that point the snow starts to come down heavier ! It was to far to walk so I ended up sat in a freezing car for nearly three hours in the snow. Till my friend manged to get some wipers to me it was very kind of her I wouldn't have driven in that snow unless I really had too. Well  by the time i got home  baby Ipie was not impressed at having to wait for  her bath.
 I am just so grateful I had left her at home on this occasion. Anyway it has highlighted to me that my poor car needs some tlc and unfortunately I am a bit too poor this week to put it in for a service so am considering putting it away in the garage for a couple of weeks. I cant risk anything else going wrong with it and getting stranded with the kids somewhere . It also highlighted to me that I need to start a  car fund and put a little away in it  each month to pay for general repairs,service, mot etc.  So when things do go wrong with It I can actually afford to get the work done straight away. Does anyone else have a spefic car fund? Or know any good breakdown rescue deals?

2 comments:

  1. I save £50 a month into a separate bank account just for my car service, MOT and road tax. The rest is there for when anything needs repairing or it's time for new tyres. I always get car insurance which has breakdown cover included

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so need to do that . I start my new job In april so should be able to afford to do this and am going to shop around for deals on breakdown cover.

    ReplyDelete