Wednesday 27 March 2013

27th March

 Hi everyone , sorry I never posted yesterday have just been so busy preparing to return to work

Let myself down a little recently with my money saving. Today only, I spent £30 on an emergency birth certificate as i mislaid the original, £12 on petrol and then realized i needed new shoes for work too!  Its costing me a fortune to go to work!

But things got better I found out that the lovely Karen is feeling better ( I love checking out her blog and looking at all the beautiful things she makes) and thrifty living is still about and blogging  so pleased to hear that too. I find it really inspiring to read other peoples thrifty blogs and find out what works for them.

Things got slightly better now I have my penny pinching on, went  to check out the whoopsies  at our local shop and found some real bargains......

  • 5 loaves of bread x 20p
  • 2 packets of 6 ice buns x 24p
  • 3 large pizzas x 63p
 I love a bargain as we all do but really cheap whoopsies are few and far between now so was really pleased with my find  shame there was no meat but you cant have everything.

 I have also completed the freezer inventory and its looking much tidier and emptier now. Got quite a bit of meat including 6 whole packets of lean minced beef will probably just make bolignise, burgers and a sheperds pie. I am a bit stuck with what to do with the rest of the mince, meatballs are out the question I have several packets of them too. What do you make out of mince that's cheap and easy to prepare? And what inspires you to be thrifty?

No comments:

Post a Comment